- Fax: 0755-29654683
- E-mail: SYLGROUP@126.COM
How to prevent rusting stainless steel
Stainless steel has the ability to resist atmospheric oxidation of stainless steel --- that is, while also having an acid, alkali, salt corrosion medium capacity --- that is corrosion resistance. But its size is corrosion resistance of steel with its own chemical composition, plus mutual status, conditions of use and environmental media type change. Such as 304 steel, in a clean dry atmosphere is absolutely excellent anti-corrosion ability, but to move it to the waterfront, contains a lot of salt in the sea mist will soon be oxidized, while the pipe 316 is performing well. Thus, not any kind of stainless steel, in any environment resistant to corrosion, not rusty.
Stainless steel is extremely thin and sturdy fine and stable chromium-rich oxide film (protective film) formed by the surface, to prevent the continued infiltration of oxygen atoms, to oxidation, to obtain resistance to corrosion. Once there is some reason, this film was a continual disturbance, air or liquid oxygen atoms will continue to infiltrate or metal from the iron atoms constantly analyze it, to form a loose iron oxide, metal surface rust will continue to suffer. This surface film many forms of damage, more common in everyday life are the following:
1. Stainless steel surface accumulating the attachments contain other metal elements or heterogeneous metal dust particles, in the humid air, condensate and stainless steel fixtures between the two together into a micro-battery, causing the electrochemical reaction, protection the film is damaged, known that the electrochemical corrosion.
2. Stainless steel surface adhesion of organic juice (such as vegetables, soup, etc.), in the case of water oxygen to form organic acids, organic acids long is the corrosion of the metal surface.
3. Stainless steel surface adhesion containing acid, alkali, salts (such as wall decoration alkaline, lime splash), causing localized corrosion.
4. In the air pollution (such as those containing sulfides, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide atmosphere), the case of condensed water to form sulfuric acid, nitric acid, acetic acid solution point, caused by chemical corrosion.
Above may cause damage to the stainless steel surface protection film caused by corrosion. Therefore, in order to ensure permanent shiny metal surface, not rust, we recommend:
1. Stainless steel products have often scrub clean the surface, removing attachments, eliminate external factors triggered modified;
2. Keep the environment dry;
3. Some stainless steel tubes on the market can not comply with the chemical composition of the corresponding national standards, reach the material requirements. So it will cause rust, which requires users to carefully choose a reputable manufacturers.